Called Point Hope since 1938, it’s the last surviving shipyard in a Harbour that once housed a thriving maritime industry. Open house on Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 345 harbour Rd.

One hundred and fifty years ago, the Daily British Colonist marvelled at a new ­shipyard with first-class facilities for repair and construction of large ships, calling it an example of what “energy and perseverance can accomplish.”

Collings & Cook’s Ways, which opened for business in 1873, was one of the first shipyards in the province. Called Point Hope since 1938, it’s the last surviving…

Continue reading this news article…